Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Sunflower

Soon the farmer's field behind our house will be dotted with smiling, summery faces of sunflowers!  I love the way they have an "attitude" after a few weeks when the rain, sun and wind have weathered them a bit.  This watercolor is 4 7/8" wide by 11 7/8" high and is done on Canson 140# watercolor paper.  It's just a blue summer sky behind the flower with the slightest indication of additional foliage at the bottom.  I have it double matted with an off white acid free mat.  Hope you enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. You have such a keen eye for the little things that make something exquisitely beautiful... like the shadows and light on each leaf, and the soft gradation of the background. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine, I want you to be my new best friend! Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment and so glad you enjoyed seeing the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love single subjects so beautifully rendered.

    ReplyDelete