Friday, March 29, 2013

Country Bouquet

Country Bouquet

As many of you know, I'm a picture framer in addition to being an artist.  In recent years, I had framed many lovely pastel paintings generated in a class given by Peter Seltzer, an amazing pastel and oil artist.  I decided I just had to give this medium a try and enrolled in Peter's class.  I have to say I've come to love the pastel medium!  Framing it is another story (it's difficult), but I love the immediacy and strength of color of working in pastel.  This is my first effort worthy of framing so I'm excited to post it. 

It's done on LaCarte pastel paper with hard and soft pastel.  It's 14.5" wide and 15.75 " high.  We're all waiting for the warmth of Spring here in the Northeast, so this is in tribute to our spring and summer flowers to come.  Hope you enjoy it. 



2 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely, lovely pastel painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan! I'm really beginning to enjoy this medium.

    ReplyDelete