Saturday, May 21, 2011

Two Red Tulips

SOLD

Where does the time go?  I can't believe it's almost a month since my last post!  But Spring has finally arrived and I find myself enjoying my garden and the spring flowers.  Flowers have always been a love of mine and I could not resist painting some red tulips.  I do seem to have this "red" thing going for a while now.  I"ve been exploring different reds, different backgrounds and various red objects.  I haven't really painted a series before, but this is the first of three paintings of red tulips.  I'm sharing this one today, with the others to follow soon.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting! I love the colors that you used. They are soft and romantic, yet full of life and passion. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of colors Vikki.I loved these tulips.Would love to take a look at your other paintings too.

    ReplyDelete