Monday, March 7, 2011

In the Spotlight


This is a piece I painted, and repainted, and repainted--trying to get the glow on the center apple and have the two side apples be supports to the center of interest without overpowering it.  I think I finally succeeded with that idea after a lot of looking and tweaking.  The center apple is also basically the same one I used for the watercolor in an earlier post, which I had done as preliminary work for this piece.  I still want to go back and do the solo apple in oiil and hopefully, I'll get to that.  I also find I like working in this long format for a change and hope to find more subjects that fit the space. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your use of light ! The colors you used are very interesting and bring the whole piece to life. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vikki,you definitely got the right glow on the center apple.Great use of light and a wonderful piece.Would love to see how the previous painting in watercolor turns out in oil.:)

    ReplyDelete